Dear Valued Customers,
Please be informed of the following update of Steel and Aluminum Tariffs on imports to the USA.
On Thursday, March 9, President Trump signed proclamations to apply a 25% tariff to steel and 10% tariff on aluminum
imports under Section 232 of the Trade Expansion Act of 1962. Canada and Mexico are currently excluded from these
tariffs pending the NAFTA renegotiation.
The new tariffs will take effect on March 23rd and will be primarily assessed on raw material steel importation.
The tariff will be in addition to the existing duty rate and will apply to goods classified under following HTS Codes:
The “steel articles” are defined at the Harmonized Tariff Schedule (HTS) 6-digit level as follows:
• 7206.10 – 7216.50 (Iron or Non-Alloy Steel in ingots or other primary forms, semi-finished products, flat-rolled
products, bars and rods, and angels/shapes/sections excluding cold-formed and fold-finished from flat-rolled
• 7216.99 – 7301.10 (Angels/shapes/sections, wire, sheets, and Stainless Steel and other allot steel material)
• 7302.10 (Railway and Tramway track rails)
• 7302.40 – 7302.90 (Railway and Tramway construction material)
• 7304.10 – 7306.90 (Non-Cast Iron Tubes, Pipes, and Hollow Profiles)
The “aluminum articles” are defined at the Harmonized Tariff Schedule (HTS) 6-digit level as follows:
• 7601 – Unwrought aluminum
• 7604 – Aluminum bars, rods and profiles
• 7605 – Aluminum wire
• 7606 and 7607 – Aluminum plate, sheet, strip and foil (flat rolled products)
• 7616.99.5160 and 7616.99.5170 – Aluminum castings and forgings
For more detailed information, please refer to the following:
If there are any questions please feel free to contact your account representative.